As a small start up, Conscious Universe Productions has few full time positions but we realize that as our important work continues and we grow, the best way to do that is to offer positions that open up to those who have shown they understand the business and have contributed to our cause. So we have fashioned a number of Internships that we are offering in the Summers, Spring, and Fall that allow students and non-students to join our ranks and take on duties that are important for our current operations.
CUP Internships are supervised by professionals on-site and academic professionals, if you are affiliated with a school. Although our internships are unpaid, they provide hands-on experience that:
Gets Your Feet Wet
Internships are a proven way to gain relevant knowledge, skills, and experience while establishing important connections in the field. Internships are also a way to get your feet wet and find out if a specific field is something you could see yourself doing full-time.
Helps You Get Future Funding Or College Credit
Some colleges offer funded internships for students that have some unpaid experience. Check with your college to see if they offer a funded internship program that may help to meet the requirements of your college curriculum while offering experiences that employers seek when hiring new college graduates for entry-level jobs. If your college will fund your internship work with us, we will be happy to work with you to make that happen. Many foundations and organizations also offer financing to college students based on different types of work. If you find one that is interested in funding work you will be potentially performing with us via an internship, we encourage you to write or call them to see if they provide funding for college students seeking to do internships in your field.
Helps You Get A Job
Internships and volunteer experiences make candidates more competitive in the job market. In addition to gaining exposure and experience in the field, they also provide an opportunity to see if the particular career field is the right one based on getting personal experience in the field. No matter what opportunities you engage in, it’s important to maintain professionalism and take on the individual responsibility that is required.
Gives You The Recommendations You Need
By doing a great job with us here at CUP or completing more than what is required of you in your internship, you will be creating mentor/mentee relationships and a great impression that can provide a great reference in the long run that will yield recommendation letters or potentially set the stage that will lead to a potential job offer. If you leave our organization at the end of the internship, we will do everything we can to make sure you receive a recommendation letter that you can keep on file for future reference but we hope that your experience will lead to a situation that will provide you continued work with us.
Provides A Learning Experience
Internships are a great way to learn the ropes so no matter what part you end up playing with CUP, as long as you‘re learning about the field take advantage of the opportunity and don’t take the experience lightly. Our internships are designed to give you experience in multiple areas to make you more marketable. We are looking for candidates that can keep themselves flexible throughout the internship experience to learn more things that can open as many doors as possible for them.
Spring, Summer, and Fall 2019 Pre-Production Internship Opportunities
- Process Bills, Invoices, Payments and manage documents related to contractual financial agreements.
- Enter and update data records related to business transactions.
- Create and interpret financial reports.
- Devise secure record keeping methods with current computer software systems.
- Design and draw story boards based on scripted television scenes.
- Work with producers to establish and maintain story directives in scene designs.
- Work with producers to interpret story boards into action.
- create animation cells for animated action in television show.
- Assist in designing mobile websites, apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, and mobile web for the parent company and related projects
- Collaborate with Marketing and other cross-functional design related teams
- Maintain awareness of trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in real world contexts
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns
- Break design problems down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field
- Provide administration support for business operating in traditional and non-traditional for-profit, non-profit and cooperative business models.
- Serve as liaison to sponsors, committees and boards related to commercial and non-commercial entities with a relationship to business operations.
- Set up meetings, manage communications with staff, and maintain records.
- Created business and project plans and present relative presentations to partners and other relavent entities.
- Serving as liaison to different venues and talents.
- Assisting Staff in planning executing and promoting events produced by or involving the business.
- Assisting with historical record keeping for events.
- Insuring content from events is collected and promoted via social media outlets.
General Pre-Production Assistant
- Assist Staff with all project specific duties.
- Perform pre-production related research for assigned project(s) as needed.
- Assist Staff in assuring that pre-production administrative work is completed and that established procedures run smoothly.
- Assist Production Staff Leads with various production tasks as needed.
- Receive calls during pre-production and insure proper Personnel are forwarded the contacts and response priority.
- Assist with pre-production fund management and the maintenance and organization of production related financial records.
- Assist in the development and execution of an innovative marketing campaign involving online and traditional efforts.
- Help promote a forthcoming television production through the design of marketing materials such as brochures and posters while coordinating and the setting up special events for a marketing team.
- Assist Writers/Creators with punching up a dramatic television script with comedy.
- Serve on a script distribution team principally responsible for copying and distributing scripts, schedules, and other materials necessary for persons preparing for production.
- Help design and produce promotional materials that will be distributed in advance and after the television production is released.
- Portray television characters in various social media instances.
- Research social media content necessary for the character development and branding of television characters.
- Create content for various social media outlets associated with characters from different television productions.
- Assist actors with roles related to the social media personalities developed for characters.
- Work with Soundtrack Producers to select music for soundtrack inclusion.
- Assist with Audio Engineering of sound recordings.
- Serve as Contact and Hospitality Hosts for artists involved with soundtrack recording.
- Operate equipment to record, synchronize, mix and reproduce music, voices, or sound effects for television soundtrack.
- Work with television production score composer to research and compile necessary stock audio bites to be used in the television soundtrack.
- Set up and take down equipment for recording sessions and soundtrack related events.
- Contribute to sound recordings as studio musician if talent level allows.
- Assist Staff with pinpointing and contacting new, current, and previous sponsors related to company events.
- Serve as liaison to sponsors before, during and after events to insure their contracts are fulfilled.
- Assist Staff with sponsor related fund development activities.
- Develop and execute sponsor/partner related promotion and other types of ROI campaigns.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Be enrolled in a college or university preferably with the ability to obtain credit for internship participation.
- Tech Savvy
- Knowledge of Production Basics
- Flexible hours
- Hard Worker/Self-starter
- Ability to accomplish tasks autonomously, with occasional check-ins
- Organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Interested in a career in Film, Television, or broadcasting on any form of media
- Personal Vehicle preferred, but NOT REQUIRED
- Interested in using traditional media to connecting with people
- Desire to be artistically creative through radio, television, film and internet media
- Familiar and Confident with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Vimeo, and other social media
- Passionate about working with other creative people
- Possess a natural flair for humor
- Honest, hardworking, punctual, well presented and professional when necessary
- Characterized by good grammar, communication skills, and an excellent verbal and written command of the English and other languages
- Quick-thinking and very detail-oriented
Internships will involve duties and responsibilities across two or more of the described duty areas noted above.
Click the link to the Internship Possibility above that interests you to see the full description. Either send an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the web internship form below that will help you describe why you are perfect for the position in which you are interested. You should attach a single page resume reflecting your relevant experience and a short cover letter highlighting particular aspects of that experience in relation to the position description provided either by email or via the form. You should also include links to your social media profiles to indicate your level of social media proficiency.
With headquarters Conscious Universe Productions headquarters in Minneapolis Minnesota and Denver Colorado, interns will work with the cooperatively owned Radio, Television, Internet, and Live Event Production and Management venture with the sole purpose of insuring that grassroots related, community enhancing, and independent productions with the purpose of expanding human consciousness become a reality.
As a Public Benefit Corporation certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, the team of community creators, educators, writers, digital artists, animators, filmmakers, designers, event experts and other production related professionals have banded together to engage a mission of reviewing potential media projects that they deem necessary for the public to experience and insuring that some piece of initial media is produced to represent the project’s core.
With this internship opportunity, candidates will work directly with experienced media production professionals and assist in the creation of web podcasts, mixed media shorts, promotional materials, and the flagship dramatic comedy being produced by the cooperative as well as gain experience working with marketing and financial development efforts.